Sunday, June 26, 2016

Crop insurance scheme to be implemented soon

Visakhapatnam: Around 60% of the funds provided by the central government under the crop insurance scheme would be given to the agriculture sector soon, while the remaining 40% would be dedicated to associated sectors, said district collector N Yuvaraj here on Saturday. Speaking at the ZP general body meeting, joint director of agriculture V Satyanarayana said all measures were being taken to ensure that the seeds and fertilisers for the Kharif season were properly distributed to the farmers. The collector further noted that borewells were being dug in places which had no water resources . ZP chairperson Lalam Bhavani observed that the state government was implementing all the schemes in the rural belt as well as in certain semi-urban areas and noted that drinking water would be chlorinated to ensure safety.

Source : Times of India

No comments:

Post a Comment